Ottavia Bourdain's Shake Shack and Bad Steak Diet, and More News
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In today's Media Mix, lobster haul is looking good, plus more California restaurants test foie gras ban
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news in the food world.
• With the lobster haul bringing in record numbers this year, prices are dirt cheap while lobstermen are practically losing money. [NPR]
• McDonald's is reportedly testing blueberry pomegranate smoothies in Michigan. [Michigan Live]
• Wylie Dufresne's new tasting menu gets a rave, proving it's still kind of a big deal. [Village Voice]
• Looks like more California restaurants are tiptoeing around the foie gras ban, while PETA promises protests. Nothing ever changes. [ABC]
Chefs and Personalities
• Ottavia Bourdain shares her everyday eating with Grub Street, complaining about subpar free food (notably called getting "food f*cked.") Oh, it's tough to be married to Anthony Bourdain. [Grub Street]
• Mark Bittman got a cookbook and diet book deal, called VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health…for Good, out March 19, 2013. [Eater]
• New food channel "Tasted" has launched on YouTube, with videos from the gals behind Four & Twenty Blackbirds, as well as Top Chef's Dale Talde. [YouTube/Tasted]
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.